Welcome to the Loons Nest Motel and enjoy the great Northwoods at its best!
AIR CONDITIONED ROOMS · COLOR CABLE TV with free HBO & Cinemax · REFRIGERATORS
The Mercer area has over 200 lakes within 20 miles of the town. Most lakes have public access. The Turtle Flambeau Flowage is just a few minutes from our door. It is a 19,000 acre haven for the avid fisherman. Or if you prefer, have lots of fun riding on the Snowmobile/ATV trails. We have direct access to snowmobile/atv Trail 17 in downtown Mercer. Come up and enjoy them!
Come up to beautiful Mercer, Wisconsin! Great places to eat, drink and shop within a block of the motel in downtown.
The snow has started flying! We have gotten over a foot of snow the last couple days and more is in the forecast as well as cold temperatures. The Mercer/Iron County snowmobile trails will open on Wednesday, December 11, 2013! Currently rooms are available for the entire snowmobile season. Make your reservation soon by calling Betty at 715-476-2330 (or cell 715-904-0533).
A group rental cottage is right next to the motel that can be rented by the night (2 night minimum) or the week. See the rental house page for more info on the cottage.
- There are numerous places to eat and drink within one block of the motel and a mini-mart is right next door for supplies
- Mercer now has several antique and gift stores within about a block of the motel offering unique treasures and gifts
- There is also a secondhand store, the Paw Shop, which is located just down the street from the motel
- Try your luck at fishing on our many lakes and the Turtle/Flambeau Flowage
- The Loon’s Nest Motel has direct access to Trail 17 (Rail Road Grade) in Downtown Mercer
- There is plenty of room to park your trailer
- ALL ROOMS ARE NO SMOKING (state law)
- All of the rooms have small refrigerators and most also have a microwave
- Most of the rooms have 2 fullsize beds, two of the rooms have one queen bed